Neck pain, back pain, knee pain, and headaches, can often occur after an auto accident. At Meek Integrative Health Center in Springfield, MO, we provide a variety of treatments and therapies to reduce your symptoms and improve your health. Before visiting us, learn more about how chiropractic care can help you heal from your injuries quicker below:
Know These Common Auto Accident Injuries
Car accidents tend to feature sudden braking, accelerating, or direct trauma that can have a dramatic impact on the muscles, tendons, bones, nerves, and other tissues in the body. Even minor fender benders with speeds as slow as 10 miles per hour can lead to tissue damage and inflammation.
These are some of the most common types of auto injury that develop after incidents on the road:
- Concussion, a type of brain injury caused by the brain striking against the skull
- Whiplash, a neck pain syndrome caused by rapid bending and extending of the neck (e.g., when rear-ended)
- Muscle strains or ligament sprains
- Joint dislocations, especially in the shoulder, spine, and hip
- Disc herniation or disc bulge
- Nerve compression
- Bone fractures
Several days or weeks can pass before a person notices signs and symptoms of an injury, such as stiffness, pain, increased sensitivity to pain, trouble sleeping, mood and memory changes, reduced range of motion, and weakness. This will happen if a person's fight or flight hormones, which are released during times of high stress and can naturally block pain, take a prolonged time to return to their normal levels.
How Our Chiropractors Help Treat Auto Accident Injuries
Our chiropractors support those dealing with auto accident injuries by offering non-invasive techniques that may include:
- Spinal adjustments
- Non-surgical spinal decompression
- Corrective exercises and stretches
- Modalities such as cold laser therapy, electrical stimulation, and therapeutic ultrasound
- Patient education about topics like sleep hygiene, nutrition, stress management, and posture
Together, these techniques help prime the body and mind to recover from such a stressful event, restore spinal alignment, reduce inflammation and associated symptoms of acute injury, and decrease pain. We go beyond symptom relief by helping a person address pre-existing imbalances and improve their physical and mental well-being, in order to prevent recurring issues and maximize their quality of life.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an auto accident and would like to see how chiropractic care can help, contact Meek Integrative Health Center in Springfield, MO, at (417) 887-0340 today. Once we evaluate your condition, we can create an individualized treatment plan to alleviate your discomfort. When you need a chiropractor near me, our team is happy to assist you!